[For background on China’s fight against historical nihilism see 2016: CASS World History Institute Director Zhang Shunhong in Party Theoretical Journal Warns of Historical Nihilists in Pay of Capitalists Deny China’s Achievements, Belittling its Leaders ]
[Tough language but reporting statistics not much changed in unlawful and undesirable information compared with last year. Maybe next month will have an uptick. Or is frustrated Party talking into the wind? This is an interesting example of efforts to control the Internet within China. Nothing new just another iteration of what has been going on since the Internet came to China about thirty years ago. As always for people who want to understand China’s media control strategy and tactics, I suggest that you Download He Qinglian’s Book on Media Control in China. ]
Report online Historical Nihilism Wrong-Headed Speech to the “12377” “Historical Nihilism Harmful Information Reporting Center”
April 9, 2021
Source: Central Network Information Office Reporting Center
This year is the centenary of the founding of the Communist Party of China, the entire Party is studying Party history, seeking to better understanding fundamental Communist Party concepts and ideas, to put them into practice and to create a new situation. General Secretary Xi Jinping stressed at the mobilization meeting on education in and study of Communist Party Party history study and education that we must clearly oppose historical nihilism, strengthen the ideological guidance and theoretical analysis, clarify ambiguous understandings and one-sided understanding of some major historical issues in the history of the Party, to get a better understanding of the truth and strengthen our ideological foundations.
“If someone wants to destroy a nation, the first thing they do is to destroy its history.” For some time, some ulterior motives under the banner of so-called “reflecting on history” and “restoring the truth” have been spreading historical nihilistic misrepresentations online, maliciously distorting, denigrating and negating the history of the Party, the state and the military, in an attempt to confuse people. They have had a bad influence since this distorts the truth, confuses people’s minds and saps the “Four Self-Confidences“.
- [Self-confident in socialism with Chinese characteristics;
- Self-confident in ideology;
- Self-confident in the Chinese system; and
- Self-confident in Chinese culture]
In order to avoid misleading the public with false statements, maintain a clear cyberspace and create a good atmosphere of public opinion for the centennial of the Party, the Central Internet Information Office (State Internet Information Office) illegal and undesirable information reporting center recently opened a special area for reporting “harmful information involving historical nihilism” on the official website, APP and other channels to specifically accept public reports.<p value="<amp-fit-text layout="fixed-height" min-font-size="6" max-font-size="72" height="80"><strong>What to Report</strong>What to Report
- Distortions of the history of the Chinese Communist Party, the history of New China, the history of reform and opening up, the history of socialist development.
- Attacking the Party’s leadership, its guiding ideology, guidelines and policies.
- Defamation of heroes and martyrs
- Denying the excellence of Chinese traditional culture, revolutionary culture, and advanced socialist culture.
We hope that the majority of Internet users will actively play their part in supervising society, actively participate in the comprehensive management of computer networks, and enthusiastically report harmful information, so that we can all work together to maintain a healthy network ecology.
Report phone number: 12377
Report Website: http://www.12377.cn
Official microblogging, WeChat public number: the State Internet Information Office Reporting Center
I. Subject of Reporting:
Report Center welcomes citizens, legal persons or other organizations to participate in the Internet illegal and undesirable information reporting supervision.
II. llegal and undesirable information on the computer networks principally includes:
- Endangering national security, honor and interests.
- Incitement to subvert state power, overthrow the socialist system.
- Incitement to split up the country or that undermines national unity.
- Advocating terrorism, extremism
- Promoting ethnic hatred, ethnic discrimination.
- Spreading violent, obscene or pornographic information.
- Fabricating and disseminate false information to disrupt the economic and social order.
- Infringement of the reputation, privacy and other legitimate rights and interests of others.
- Other content prohibited by the relevant laws and regulations of the Internet.
III. How to Make a Report
- Visit the official website of the Reporting Center at https://www.12377.cn to make a report.
- Download and install the “Network Report” client to report.
- Go to the official microblogging center “National Internet Information Office Reporting Center”, click on “report by private letter”;
- Go to the official microblogging center public account “National Office of reporting”, click on “make a report”;.
- Call 12377 reporting hotline to report.
- 6. Send an email to email@example.com举报.
IV. What a Report Should Look Like
Report Internet illegal and undesirable information. The subject of the report should be include the URL or enough to accurately locate the reported information, sample screenshots and other basic reporting materials, as well other relevant evidence materials and information.
V. Confirm that Your Report Has Been Received
Once you have submitted your report, you will receive an inquiry code, through the inquiry code that confirms that the reported information has been received. Reporting accepted by the center will be forwarded according to the relevant provisions to the local network liaison departments, relevant websites or relevant departments in accordance with the rules and regulations.
- The subject of the report should be based on the category of the reported information, select the corresponding category of reporting portal to submit a report. If you choose the wrong category, the submitted report may be invalid.
- Reporting subjects do not need to repeatedly submit the report content. In order to protect the legitimate rights and interests of the reporting subject, to limit the malicious repeated reporting, improve the operational effectiveness of online reporting, each reporting subject in principle up to 50 times within 24 hours, more than 50 times will not be reported successfully.
- Network infringement information reporting please submit through the “infringement” reporting portal, the whistleblower must report in real name.
- For network rumor clues to be verified and disproved, please submit them to the “China Internet Joint Disinformation Platform”.
- The person making the report shall be responsible for the objectivity and authenticity of the reported matter. For the reports containing intentionally fabricated facts, false accusations, falsified reporting evidence, or that aim to stir up trouble in the name of reporting, or interference with the normal work of state organs, the reporter will assume the corresponding legal responsibility.
During March 2021 10.804 Million Items of Illegal and Undesirable Information Reported Chinese Networks
Share: 2021-04-02 Source: Central Network Information Office Reporting Center
Durimg March 2021, the national network reporting departments at all levels received 10.804 million reports, an increase of 9.7%, down 27.1% year-on-year. Among them, the Central Internet Information Office (State Internet Information Office) illegal and undesirable information reporting center received 172,000 pieces of reports, down 9.0% YoY, down 35.1% YoY. The Internet Office of the reporting department received 1.061 million pieces of reports, up 17.4% YoY, down 22.5% YoY; the main national website received 9.571 million pieces of reports, up 9.4% YoY, down 27.4% YoY. 27.4% year-on-year decline.
In the country’s major websites accepted reports, microblogging, Baidu, Douban, Racer, Alibaba, Tencent, Zhihu, today’s headlines, Sina.com, Jindo and other major commercial websites accounted for 87.7% of the volume, amounting to 8.395 million.
Under the guidance of Internet information departments at all levels, the country’s major websites continue to open up reporting channels, accepting and disposing of netizens’ reports. Welcome the majority of netizens to actively participate in comprehensive network governance, and jointly maintain a clear cyberspace.
Report phone: 12377
Report website: http://www.12377.cn
Official microblogging, WeChat public number: the National Internet Information Office Reporting Center
举 报 指 南